Another one of my favorite : Dune 2K or Dune 2000 …
I am a big fan of Dune ‘s Lore and I played much more Dune 2000 than C&C, C&C Red Alert or the original Dune 2
I have to confess I was not a big fan of real time strategy but more a turn based civilization-like fan
So i will be very pleased to have Dune 2000 covered in your podcast list
“In 1998, Westwood released Dune 2000, a remastered version of Dune II, keeping its original story: three houses fight for control of Dune,
the only source of the Spice, a resource essential for space travel and prescience, inspired by the Dune movie.
The game transitioned from DOS (320×200, 256 colors) to Windows (640×480, 65,000 colors), with CD-quality audio and the iconic Dune II atmosphere.
The interface adopted Command & Conquer mechanics, like unit grouping, multi-selection, and capturing enemy buildings with engineers, plus live-action cutscenes
featuring actors like John Rhys-Davies. Westwood modernized the game without losing its charm, tweaking missions to fit new gameplay while pleasing original fans.
Critics noted few innovations, but deeper changes might have sparked more backlash. It’s a stunning, immersive game—worth trying if Dune II’s interface feels outdated.”