Grand Theft Auto: III (2001)

Home › Forums › Game Suggestions › Grand Theft Auto: III (2001)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #128
      Up
      3
      ::
      DJ_HiP
      Moderator

      GTA II Screen

      Grand Theft Auto III is a 2001 action-adventure game developed by DMA Design and published by Rockstar Games. It was the first 3D game in the Grand Theft Auto series.

      —

      I mean, this was huge at release and layed the foundation for the genre we know today, is there anything more to say?

    • #433
      Up
      1
      ::
      fneddy
      Participant

      Yes GTA 3 was a milestone however for me vice city was the pinnacle. I absolutely loved the atmosphere of that game. Maybe GTA 5 can make it some competition now but at that time VC was the best one can get. 😁

    • #435
      Up
      0
      ::
      DJ_HiP
      Moderator

      Yeah an interesting question, they are built using the same engine, but VC was certainly a little more polished.

      So, why not both? 😀

    • #439
      Up
      1
      ::
      Watchful
      Podcaster

      My preference is to start with the earliest of a series as a focus and supplement with some mention of sequels. That’s similar to how DGC has handled most series, “Pandora Directive” being one exception. Standout sequels could be worth visiting on their own. That said, WGC will be slower to cover games than DGC as there are only four per year.

      Perhaps we could start with GTA3 and those more interested in sequels during the 95-XP era can join to detail those games on the call? Quarters are quite long, so it should be enough time for folks to try both GTA3 and Vice City.

    • #445
      Up
      0
      ::
      DJ_HiP
      Moderator

      For sure, and often on DGC people do check out the sequals (just sadly often the sequal ended up being non-dos).

      GTA3 appears to be about 18hours of main campaign length, or 40 ish hours to 100% the game. Vice City appears to be the same.

      So they would be both do-able in a quarter.

    • #448
      Up
      0
      ::
      dr_st
      Participant

      I support. I just finished the main campaign of San Andreas this summer. 21 years after having started it. I also agree that of all the trilogy I liked Vice City the best.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.