No One Lives Forever [2000]

Home › Forums › Previous Games › 001 – 2026-Q2: No One Lives Forever › No One Lives Forever [2000]

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #34
      Up
      3
      ::
      sorceress
      Participant

      First Person Shooters (as they are now known) had been steadily growing in popularity since Wolfenstein 3D. A lot of themes had already been explored: aliens, demons, robots, nazis, and various others. No One Lives Forever chose a fresh perspective, with the player working as a sassy british secret agent in the 1960s doing various daring missions in and around europe. The game was well received at the time for it’s fun and challenging gameplay as well as it’s abundance of humour. There was enough interest to warrant a sequel, and both games are still fondly remembered today by many players.

    • #47
      Up
      0
      ::
      DJ_HiP
      Moderator

      aha, I remember this game on Demo CD’s but was always turned away by the coverart.

      Looks like a great unique game to play!

    • #54
      Up
      1
      ::
      Watchful
      Podcaster

      Isn’t this game lost to the copyright quagmire? Only digital distribution I found is this GOG dream listing.

      If there’s a practical way to play then I’d love to give it a go!

    • #79
      Up
      0
      ::
      sorceress
      Participant

      I got my boxed copy second-hand from ebay several years ago, and it was in near perfect condition. So that’s an option for others.

      I think it was Tijn who recommended this game to me some time prior.

      I was aware of there being some trouble with it’s developers getting it re-released, but I wasn’t aware that was still ongoing. A shame that whatever parties are involved can’t sort this out, as the game is doing nothing for either of them at present, just slowly fading into irrelevance.

      Every game I’ve ever bought has been delivered on physical media in a box/case of some sort. 🙂 I’ve never been interested in paying for something, then having to download it myself, and having nothing tangible to show for it.

    • #100
      Up
      0
      ::
      DJ_HiP
      Moderator

      Wow, this game has a full active community behind it still!

      Welcome to Unity HQ

      Seems they have maps, upscale mods and patches, on top of the forum discussions and info:

      https://nolfgirl.net/Unityhq/forums/

    • #131
      Up
      1
      ::
      Watchful
      Podcaster

      Alright! Let’s start off with this one for 2026-Q2

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘No One Lives Forever [2000]’ is closed to new replies.