Evil Taco

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Workarounds for Modern Platforms #351
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    I’m a bit sad this isn’t on Porting Kit for Mac. I’m planning to try out Linux + Wine/Proton on an old laptop.

    in reply to: Magazine Reviews #350
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    Finnish Pelit gave it a high 92, with uneven difficulty and shortness being the main points of criticism.

    https://www.pelit.fi/artikkelit/interstate-76-2/

    in reply to: Freespace 2 (1999) #321
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    One more classic game on my long list of classic games to check out.

    in reply to: Star Wars: X-Wing Alliance (1999) #286
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    I’m greatly enjoying last month’s DOS Game Club game TIE Fighter at the moment … so giving X-Wing Alliance a go a bit later would be very nice! I did very very briefly test the game out when I found it from a flea market in … 2014?! I probably had a Windows laptop with a disc drive back then!

    in reply to: How should I post current game, upcoming, past games? #205
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    I posted quite a few of suggestions, but most of them went up for moderation (I think because I included e.g. links to gog)

    Evil Taco
    Participant

    I remember playing a bit of Midtown Madness and finding it a lot of fun! It’s a very Windows-y game in my mind, maybe because it was by Microsoft, maybe for some other hard-to-define qualities!

    in reply to: Commandos (1998) #178
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    I have the second game on the shelf. I think this series would be essential to tackle in a Windows gaming game club!

    in reply to: Planescape Torment (1999) #176
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    Glad to hear I’m not the only one with this one in my backlog.

    It was a highly praised game at the time, and for a long time afterwards. I had the feeling people thought it wasn’t bested or even matched for ages.

    in reply to: How much time per game? #174
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    Starting with a quarterly frequency sounds good to me. It’s a good point about the size of the games. And we can always adjust on the fly, for example if we have some smaller games sometimes.

    I’m happy to join as a guest on the podcast if there’s a game I’m interested in!

    in reply to: Max Payne (2001) #169
    Up
    1
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    I can’t remember if it was this one or the sequel I found from the dumpster … 😀

    in reply to: Freelancer (2003) #168
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    This is onenof the DVD case PC games I’ve been able to find in thrift stores etc for cheap. Would love an excuse to check it out!

    in reply to: Interstate ’76 (1997) #167
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    Always was quite curious about this game. I enjoyed MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries a lot!

    in reply to: Grim Fandango (1998) #166
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    Highly recommended! I played this with my partner andbI refused to look up hints until absolutely stuck. It took us 7.5 years to finish the playthrough. I think I recommend having the Universal Hint System at hand and being a bit more relaxed about hints. 😀

    in reply to: Outwars (1998) #165
    Up
    0
    ::
    Evil Taco
    Participant

    I remember reading a pretty positive review and being intrigued; didn’t have the PC for new games back then though and once I did get a new PC later, this game wasn’t really around anymore.

    Now it’s available in GOG and I sure have it on wishlist. This would be a cool game to check out I think! Is this a cult classic? It has that vibe.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)