Xanarki

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Microsoft ‘Madness’ games (Motocross/Monster Truck/Midtown) #534
    Up
    0
    ::
    Xanarki
    Participant

    I think bundling ’em all together as one would be a good idea. They’re all similar in name, in Direct3D support, and in the fact that they all had a free-form slant to the racing. And yet, all of ’em had different vehicles and different developers.

    My loose ranking would probably go…

    1. Monster Truck Madness 2 (mainly nostalgia-fueled since I owned it shortly after it came out, but the WCW tie-in was pretty great lol especially the multiplayer rumble modes)

    2. Midtown Madness (absolutely no points taken off for the sandbox mode being simplistic, considering this came out in ’99 after all)

    3. Motocross Madness 2 (refinement at every angle, and a classic-era Incubus song for the intro)

    4. Monster Truck Madness (the debut of the franchise, and also one of the first games to showcase both Direct3D and The Zone)

    5. Motocross Madness (I think this was a sleeper hit for me, as it had some great foundations)

    6. Midtown Madness 2 (the only game in the series that I couldn’t get with, there was just too much left on the drawing board tbh)

    in reply to: Mission 10 #442
    Up
    0
    ::
    Xanarki
    Participant

    Mission 10 is deff one of the harder ones in the game. The Radar Jammer (if it shows up through scrap at that point – I don’t remember if it does that early) or being quick with the ignition key, is pretty crucial so that the cops’ turrets can’t locked onto the player. Overcome the turrets and the cops aren’t overly dangerous. The mines/droppers are also pretty helpful when luring them too. Doing this gives a chance at tackling the cops head on, without using the access roads at all (I didn’t even know the roads were an option till years later lol).

    in reply to: Is There a Better Name? #438
    Up
    0
    ::
    Xanarki
    Participant

    Related to the above suggestion…Win9XP Game Club (or Windows 9XP Game Club) isn’t too bad, actually. It combines both in a sense: Win9x and WinXP.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)